Lighting for 6ftx6ftx7ft Grow room

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by AtreyuRock, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Hey guys. Im constructing a 6ftx6ftx7ft grow room, and ive already purchased a 400w MH bulb/fixture and a HPS bulb (interchangeable fixture). Anyway, im going to try and grow 8 plants within the given area. Any recommendations on any other lighting that i should get? should i put in a couple cheaper floros since theres 8 plants and only 1 400w MH? thanks

2. I have no idea, but +rep because Atreyu kicks ass

3. Yes they do.

6x6x7 is a pretty decent sized space. Maybe you could divide the area up into two parts, a part for vegging and a part for flowering. You'd of course need two lighting systems for each.

Anyway, I think that lighting system will be fine when the plants are small. My concern would be when they are all large, there might be some problems getting light into the lower areas. But maybe not.

4. yea i was thinking the same thing....im thinking when they get larger im going to put a floro on the ground in the middle of the room to light the bottom leaves a little more, and the undersides of the plants. it wont be a lot, but at least itll maintain growth

5. The lights you have will grow great buds in a 6x3 area but if you want to grow the whole 6x6area with big dense nugs then you need either 2 more 400s one mh and one hps (this will give you perfect light spectrum and watts psf.)or sell your 400 hps and buy a 1000 watt hps but keep the 400 mh for vegging.

A 400 is pefect for a 3x3 area and a 1000 is perfect for a 5x5 or 6x6 that is enclosed with reflective mylar walls.

dont waste the light on the bottom of the leaves for the plants take in light for the top of the leaves.