Lighting fixture and wiring - Correct? Safe?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Chronic Habit, Mar 30, 2010.

1. I'm wiring a plug to a lighting fixture which will accomodate a 125W CFL or maybe even a 200W monster (which I'm yet to buy) :cool:.

The plugs wires are:
    -blue (neutral)
    -brown (live/hot)
    -yellow/green (earth)

[​IMG]

My question is, does it matter where I screw in the blue/brown wires, are they interchangeable?

I wired it like this: as I don't have a bulb yet I cannot check. Is it correct?

[​IMG]

Is the fitting safe? It can't move out or fall but just wondering since I'm not much of an electrician.

[​IMG]

2. On the fixture is one screw a silver one, and the other brass in color? If so make sure the hot wire is on the brass, and the neutral wire on the silver.

3. Both pins are identical.

So they're interchangeable? What happens if it's wired wrong? The bulb blows?

4. No it should be fine.

5. The HOT lead should go to the center pin of the bulb and fixture, so you cannot touch it. The threaded part of the bulb should connect to the neutral. It won't matter to the bulb, but if you reacn in and touch the metal threaded cup, it could matter to you.

The silver connector is usually the neutral and the gold one hot, but Sativanya already covered that.

6. There is no centre pin. Only 2, the middle wire I attached to the big silver connector going across the fixture, although it does look like it's going somewhere.

I'll make sure when I turn on the electricity I'm not touching it :cool:

7. I mean the very bottom of the bulb, in the center of the insulator. That is the HOT connection.