Lighting etc. question?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BYOweed, Apr 18, 2012.

1. #1 BYOweed, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2012
    I plan on getting a 600 watt mh/hps light w/ a reflector hood.

I know it can't be this simple... So what other things will I need to be able to control the lighting variables? eg. heat

Any help would be much appreciated

2. lol too much time on your hands

3. To your question...it just might be that simple. To control heat you basically need true air ventilation, which means moving the warm air out and drawing fresh cooler air in. In some setups that is all that is needed to keep temps in line.

If not, one thing that can help a lot is an air-cooled hood or cool tube, where the bulb is enclosed with airflow over it to draw the heat away and preventing a lot of it from entering the grow space in the first place.

And regardless you should have the light's ballast outside the grow space, it puts off some heat that you don't need to be adding to your grow.

4. lolol yeah yeah funny links, still say too much time your hands.
    And thanks bunches for the info toastybiz +rep if I could

5. Benny, this forum is a place to ask for and give actual advice and for meaningful discussion on topics related to growing MJ. Your poor attempt at humor and insults falls flat, violates forum rules, wastes people's time, and frankly just pisses me off. You have demonstrated who the true asshole is on this thread.

This forum recently took away the negative rep function, if it were still working I would plug you a big fat one.

If you don't have anything constructive to say, leave the "submit reply" button alone... :mad: