Lighting during Flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PurpAndSyrup, Nov 5, 2012.

1. I've asked this question a couple times on here and I've gotten alot of different answers. I have a area I am using for flowering, it is a 10ft. x 7ft. area, I have 20 plants that are all around 2.5-3 ft. tall. The plants are only covering a 6x6 area inside the grow area, and the lights are directly over the plants and the 6x6 area. The walls are white so the light is kept in the area. I have (3) 400W lights, and the plants are in the 2nd week of flowering. Are they getting enough light to get good yields with dense buds?

2. In a 10 x 7 area, you could easily get away with 2 x 1,000w lights.

3. I don't have that much light, that's 2,000W. I have 1,200W

4. i could be talking out of my ass. but i think a 400w is suposed to light up a 3x3 or 4x4 so you are slightly under the recomended specs i would try running it this way and see what you end up with. personaly i run a 600w and i saw noticable diffrence between the plants directly under the light versus the plants that were offset from the centre. but you have three light sources so your dead zone will be more saturated than mine was considering you are getting light from three sources. just put your best candidates in the best spots and let the runts be offside. also keep the damn things as close as you can. Good luck buddy

5. I'm growing 4 plants under a 400w and a 600w in a 5x6 closet for perspective. Granted I could grow more plants with those lights.

They'll grow, for sure, but your harvest is derived from your lumens not from the number of plants. Just something to think about.

6. don't sweat it if ur buds aren't dense imo, im a cfl grower ,buds aren't as dense but I give no quarter with quality, not even a little...quantity I cant compete

7. I'm not so worried about the bud being dense, I just want to make sure it's still quality bud and that 3 400w lights will be able to bring a good crop from 20 plants. I will be pretty bummed with less than 2 lbs total. I don't think my standards are too high, the plants look good so far and the stems on all the plants are fat fat fat, so I think I have done pretty good at giving the plants a healthy life. I have grown outdoors, but I'm new to growing indoors so you will have to bear with me a little bit.

8. expect 1lb and anything above that is creme

9. You'll know your crop better than us, but just going off of lumens, for that area you are under powered. If you left two 400w and replaced the center one with a kw light, I bet you'd double your yield.

10. If you've got awesome ventilation, and you're keeping those lights low, I bet you'll still have good results mate

11. I don't really have the budget to get another light. But man, I would be hoppin mad if I just get 1 lb that's for sure. I think I'm going to chuck out about 6 plants today, and just throw em out so I can have the plants almost directly under light.

12. Dude dont be dumb think about what you said. Keep the plants, and put the best plants close together directly under the light. Why throw them away when that's extra weight.....? Common sense bro don't throw away

13. Yeah don't do that mate! at this point you've already made the investment right?

14. I didn't throw them out, but the plants that are further from the light aren't growing as fast and the stems are growing toward the light. I'm going to keep them and just cut some of the fan leaves so the light can penetrate a little better. The fan leaves on some of the plants are starting to get a little crazy lol, they are big and the stems on the plants are really fat, bigger than I've seen before.

Will it be hard for me to reach the 2lb goal with these girls? 20 girls with 3 400W lights? I'm growing White Widow, Super Hash, White Rhino, Royal Queen critical, and skunk seeds and they are really good seeds, I'm also using Earth Juice every 5-6 days.

15. Its totally possible mate, with three lights like that it'll be easier to pull two pounds than with a single kw. How many grows do you have under your belt mate?

16. Something to think about with limited light is hanging your lights vertically and terrace your plants. you'd be able to fit more plants in the sweet spot. Just a thought!

17. It's my first indoor grow, but I have done Outdoor grows the past 2 yrs. I feel like I will be able to pull 2 oz's off the plants that are directly under the light and an ounce or oz and a half off the plants that are further away. That's 36 oz, which is just a estimate but with 2 lbs. I will be getting 900g total of bud with 1,200W of light, about .75g per Watt, I feel like that's realistic. It may be hard, but with the right care for them I think it's realistic.

18. And DON'T CUT OFF PERFECTLY HEALTHY FAN LEAVES!!! That is, if you want your 2 pounds

19. Lol.. Ok, well I guess I won't do that either. They are starting to overlap and I feel like they are blocking light from the bud sites. I have one plant that is really developed, It is covered with bud already and you can see the nugs developing slowly and the main cola is almost half the way filled out, It's odd considering the rest of the plants don't have a single nug on them.

20. Got a pic bro? Don't be shy