Lighting decision 400mh 600hps

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by koolaidacidlove, Apr 10, 2010.

1. i'm using a HO(high output) T5 (4 24 watt bars 2' long) for veg with some added other floros, its been working pretty well and have a 600hps in another room for flowering.

I just got a 400mh from a friend but am unsure if I should use the 400mh for vegging, getting my clones bigger faster with more dense nodes. Or put it in the flower room so I have 1K in light of different spectrum's

Right now I am kind of trying to add two or three new clones to the flower room every 30 days. So is it more effective to be able to veg stuff faster and hardier or have more light for flower?

2. Honestly I dont think the difference between your T5 and the 400MH is gonna be that noticeable, Unless your T5 only has like one bulb...how many bulbs does it hold?

3. 4 24 watt bars 2' long

But I mean the 400mh HAS to be better, the T5 is nice but it doesnt penatrate very well and seems to cover a limited area. I guess I could put the 400 up for a week and see if it makes a difference.

4. Yup that sounds logical to me, 400mh could cover more space. If it is only for a few young plants the T5 should give the same results

5. There's no comparison between a 4 light T-5 (24") and a 400w MH. The MH is superior. Use it on your clones/seedlings until they go into the HPS.

6. #6 Purplepackz, Apr 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2010

Ive never used a T5 maybe Im just a idiot but how superior can the MH actually be? Or are T5's just like strong floros? I was under the wrong impression I guess

7. Yeah man t5's are just floros with high output. They are best for rooting clones etc. I put the 400 in the veg room so I hope the clones blow up soon. need to get some more cuts.

8. I see...so how many plants are you planning to have veg? What size buckets you using?