Lighting cost!!!!?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Zerocool480, Jan 8, 2010.

1. How much would a 250 watt conversion ballast hps and mh cost Roughly without having to figure out what my electric company charges per kWh? If you can roughly answer this it would be greatly appreciated so I can decide to buy said light or not

2. To specify I meant my electric bill, what would it add to my electric bill roughly

3. It's hard to give a good answer w/o knowing what your electric company charges per kw/h. My electric company has a website and with a quick search i easily found this info.

That said, I determined that it will cost me about $25/mo to run 1-400w hps.

I used this site to help me calculate costs. Costs Calculator

4. if your power co charges 40 cents a kwh, 12 hours a day will cost $1.20 a day $36.00 month. If its less per kwh its less. Mines 43 cents because its CA and I use lots of power..... Your may be half as much. Remember 50% more during veg

5. 1-400w HPS, (2)-2 bulb floure's, 1- fan, cost me $34 a month to run.

6. Do you not have access to your bill? If you do, then your kw/h is clearly listed. And then, the formula is easy. In fact, one of our favorite nutrient producers has a handy little "app" for that. Just go to...

Advanced Nutrients | General Hydroponics | Hydroponic Supplies

But, you have to know your kw/h number. If you have that, you have the key to your answer.

Good luck.

7. the only thing i can find about kwh's and stuff is this thing that says basic fixed rate 762.00kwh x $0.085540

8. Right, so the bill is telling you that you pay about 8.5¢ per kilowatt hour. Pretty good rate, BTW.

Now you have to add up the usage for your grow, which will depend on your light schedule among other factors.