Lighting Concerns

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by toxicXchocobo, Mar 23, 2010.

1. So recently I realized I have a lot to learn about lighting still and, as a result, my latest masterpiece is a bit further behind than it should be. About 5-8 weeks to go.

Having thought I was closer to finish than this, I already begun my second batch in the same room using the same light due to limited resources & money. They've already broke ground and are coming along pretty good; thus far haven't noticed any "problems" but it's only been about two weeks.

Now my biggest concern is that second batch.
    How will being on a 12/12 schedule to start off with screw things up? Or will they be fine but slow the process down or something?
    Can I (should I) just do 12/12 all the way through for them? Or what should I do the second my first batch is harvested considering that should be about when I switched them to 12/12 in the first place?

And just for future reference...
    Once they break ground then about 4 weeks of either 24/0 (or 16/8?) then the "flowering time" listed for 12/12? If straddling different batches to keep a constant flow of bud, wait until... a week (two?) before harvest of the first batch? Though after this I may just wait until the same day I harvest. :/

2. 12/12 from seed works great, they won't have no problems at all. Check out my second grow sig below, I'm doing 5 strain's 12/12 from seed and they've grown great, 10 out of 12 are female ;)