Lighting- Color Temps

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by nomoreqwertys, Oct 15, 2006.

1. hello,
    i have a question about lighting. I am just wondering about color temps and how it affects growing. i have a 105W CFL, 13 inches long. and its color temp is 5000Kelvins. My one friend that doesnt know anymore than me about growing said that light is bad because its between spectrums... so can anyone help?

2. actually it will work, what they are is a combo light with a mix of red and blue. however, it is not as good as having 6500K lights(blue spectrum) for veg and 3000K light(red spectrum) for flowering.

3. Here is a link to a page I thought helpful about the lighting.
    Now I am really stoned, and don't know if it will help you any, I am too involved in my NHL 07 to really concentrate on the forums.

4. That light is fair at best. It probably is marketed as "broad spectrum" so therefore it won't have strong output in any particular spectrum, specifically the ones MJ needs at various growth stages. (around 6500k veg and 2700k flower). This would be an excellent light to supplement lights tarteted to the growth stage, which would provide both targeted spectrum and full spectrum.

5. i thank everyone for their input. it has helped a lot