Lighting choice and disposition

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by not.today387, Jul 29, 2019.

1. #21 PhenoMorph, Jul 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    That is with them dialed down. So if I put them to 60% draw, it's gonna get warmer. They aren't pumping 300W per board right now. But I have real good coverage, so I can lower them and dial them down

That's the advantage of overkilling it.

As far as warranty, it is China so I can't say what's gonna happen. I haven't had to return anything yet myself, so as far as that, I can't say too much. But I have heard KingBrite is pretty good. Bava is decent I think. I have heard some say they helped them out when there was an issue.

Be sure to account for shipping, whether it's included or not, and there may be some minor custom/broker fees. For smaller purchase like that, shouldn't be too bad. I paid near ~$150 total but that was for three full 600W kits spread across two shipments and like $4300 CDN worth of gear if I had bought it here.

That's where buying from HLG or a distributer here becomes advantageous. Warranty is a little less of a worry. No broker fees. Less shipping. But you pay a fair bit more for the product.

Yes lights are close together, each square in my tent is a 3x3. It definitely helps with being able to lower and still get coverage of everything.
    And I mount my drivers on a shelf outside the tent. They run about 30-32° at a 25-30% draw.

A 600W set of these absolutely destroys a 3x3 (the boards are 34" long and 11.5" wide) if I turn it past 60% or so. It's not even funny. My buddy saw them the other day and his jaw dropped when I cranked them to 100%.