Lighting and Nutes

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by abnormldood, Jan 21, 2009.

1. What's up, fellow members of GC!! Everyone's posts here have been an enormous help to me. I made this topic because of my inability to find an answer to the specific questions I have. After reading many different articles on lighting and seeing people present light to their plants in many different ways, I have some questions left unanswered. After I switch off 18/6 and want to trigger flowering, would it have any different results if I were to slowly reduce the time the light is on(Like in it's natural environment) than just switching it straight over to 12/12? Also, I've heard that 13/11 for flowering makes the bud sites swell more, is this a good idea if I'm planning on a SCROG setup?? Also, I've heard mixed comments on Epsom Salt, does it help to give it a good shot of MG once or twice in a hydro grow(When should I do this? How much should I attempt to use)? If anyone can dig up an old article that covers these questions or has tested different methods, I would really like to hear about it:cool: