Lighting after sex(Get ya hand off it!!)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Fenrir, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Well i just sexed my little GIRL. its been about 1 week and my light is still on 24/7 Ca i leave it on that?? Also they are 2 26 watts there i've been told it should be sweet. And I am going to top soon. Topping give me a better yield correcT??

2. if the plant auto sexed itself, then yea leave the light the same. if u put the light 12/12 to sex it, then leave it 12/12. i dont know if u should top during flowering.

3. I know this shit is in the grow section, but when I just read the title of the thread, I thought this must involve smoking weed or something after having sex. lol. sorry about being offtopic.

4. if your plant sowed sex on 24hour lighting it is just showing it is mature enough to flower (i always wait for this to happen before i flower) you could still veg as long as you like.... for example if you had a big enough space, time, and the knowledge to keep it alive its possible to veg for 5+ years

5. Cheers guys. Appreciated. I just topped it off. Seems to be ok. It is defenitly about to get some juicy orange buds. Cheers

6. And another thing, Once I know the sex. When do I know when to harvest?? I've seen on this forum it'd be around 50-60 days is there a way to tell.

7. I should probably add one more thing. I justwent and bought a fluro lght with two tubes in it. Now its on its SIDE next to the plant not above it. So basically its standing up next to it. Is this ok? Or should I consider putting it above. Can anyone answer my questions. please