lighting advice

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by johnnyp6161, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Omay so im doing a idoor organic grow with a single plant for my first one. Im doing a sweet seeds seewt cheese auto fem. Im using a t-5 2ft 4 bulb with 2 3000k lights and 2 6000k lights in it and im also going to use a homemade cfl lighting system for the sides of the plant theirs going to be 4 40watt 2700k lights and 2 6000k lights. What does everyone think about this is that too mich light for a single plant. Im not going to use the cfl setup untill the plant gets atleast a half ft tall

2. It is not going to be too much ,people grow under much stronger lights.I personally think that side lights are just a waste ,it will only add more heat with out giving much difference.Your best bet (since you are growing under inferior light ) is to scrog your plant and keep your light as close as you can to the plan. by doing that you can totally skeep those useless side lights .
    P.S.I am sure you know that CFL bulbs are loosing their effectiveness is they are more than couple of inches away from the plant....
    Good luck.

3. Sorry im lame but what the hell is scrog .

4. Screen of green -SCROG . More info can be found in advanced growing techniques or in the plants training section .