Lighting advice please

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Saucyjacky, Aug 21, 2019.

1. What's up GC? So, I started an indoor autoflower grow. Amnesia haze autos from crop king seeds. I purchased 2 600w leds from Giixer. I'm aware that the actual wattage isn't 600w. That's why i grabbed 2. I'm sure this will be sufficient to just make it to harvest. But, I'm looking for new lights already to improve yields. I'm located in the u.s on the east coast. My budget is 150$ there is some wiggle room. Thanks in advance for the advice. I also may have some questions about nutes if this goes anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. Try HGL horticulture Grow Lights
    or led grow lights depot
    Look for quantum boards .
    They have some fairly decent ones that sell through amazon too .

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. QB's and cobs are the only lights worth buying these days.

• Like Like x 2
  4. A hydro store near me has 100 wat hgl but they're like 120$ each. Maybe cheaper online. Is that adequate enough for several plants or will i need to purchase several?

5. I would grow 1-2 plants with a 100 watt qb. Add it to your existing lighting and you can grow a couple more.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I run HLG 550 480 w quantum Board
    Probably a bit over your budget but you can get QBs in your price range .
    They make a world of difference
    The proof is in these pictures
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. Those LEDs are 70 watts each, for a total of 140 true watts.
    Those old blurples don't contain the latest, most efficient LEDs like recent QBs and COBs.

The power you need will be determined by how much area your grow space has.
    140 blurple LEDs will probably do well in a 2 ft x 2 ft tent.
    Much bigger, and you'll need more light.

I'd recommend looking at Greenleaf Megacrop and JR Peters fertilizers.
    They are both cheap and good.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Do you think if i throw a HGL 65 or 100 watt in with my current lighting I'll have a decent yield at harvest? Or just start over and make the necessary purchases? I'm currently running 3 amnesia haze autoflowers in 3 gallon pots. A mixed medium of FFOF(55%), coco(25%) and perlite (20%). Watering with distilled water and calmag. Water phd even because FF is extra hot. I purchased tiger bloom to feed during flower.

9. Could I just add this to my current lighting? 2 600w Giixer. We've established the true wattage is 70w . So 2 is 140watts

10. Thanks bro

11. I just answered and posted links to this kind of lighting question, please see: LED FOR 2x2x4?!

nice buds man! Amnesia Haze?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Horticulture Lighting Group

HLG 100 V2 4000K Horticulture Lighting Group Quantum Board LED Grow Light Veg & Bloom | Version 2 High-Efficiency Upgraded LM301B LED's

Look at this one on amazon
    And yes you can Add it to your current lights.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thanks , as for strain , not sure it was a grab bag from Amsterdam marijuana seeds . Im running 6 Unknown
    Smells great though

• Like Like x 1
  14. 2 words.... quantum boards

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  15. Any time. You need any help on your grow, send me a pm (if you grow in soil, I'm not very experienced with hydro)

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Nutes.
    I run Master Blend Combo with flower fuel and great white. I made the switch from GH 3 part and ain't looked back.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Oh the how to for the MB and lights and whole setup is in my grow journal.

18. Fox farm trio here.

19. Hey @Pistils try the MB combo. 100 bucks and you can grow for 2 years at least and in the last stage of flowering, they get really heavy. More than GH 3 part which is about the same as FF