Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

lighting a bowl with a zippo

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by stickyick, Aug 14, 2009.

1. is it possible? would it be hard? is there a video showing someone doing it?

2. It seems like you would just use it like a regular light. You might need to turn it a bit or something though. haha just remember to close it so you dont burn your hand.

3. It can be done, but it taste like you are giving this guy a rim job.

[​IMG]

4. Just...light the bowl with the fire. There you go. It will taste shitty.

5. zippos are for joints/blunts/cigarettes/cigars.
    Zippos flame is a fume flame. Youll be smoking almore chemicles then just if you used a bic.
    Also they are really hard to light a bowl will sense the flame is easly blown around and not a even good flame.

Taste like that guys ass. Iv tryed many times to light bowls with zippos. but it is always nasty. and it burns alot of the bowl. and you cant corner with it.

bics for everything else.

6. haha ok thx i was just wondering

7. it has a very large flame and lots of butane.that would suck

8. I love zippo's and used to use them for my pipe but then faced the reality that it doesnt work too well. It will do the job, you'll get the bud lit, but it doesn't taste good, stick with bic's or w.e else for pipe/bongs and keep the zippo for lighting joints/blunts..
    enjoy

9. Don't do it , the chemicals in the zippo will be inhaled an leave a very nasty taste in your mouth

10. just did it...aaand its no different taste than a bic really. you light it and pull the lighter away any way and let it roll.

11. i only tried it once out of desperation. you could taste the butane in your mouth. yuck

just get any old cheap ass lighter, or even a match

12. When you smoke with a zippo you will get a shitty taste, but smoking with Naphtha(zippo fluid) Is MUCH HEALTHIER THAN SMOKING BUTANE(Bix).

Naphtha burns clean. Butane does NOT.

Everyone assumes naphtha is unhealthy because of the taste, but this is completely untrue.

Neither of them will kill you anyways, and smoking with a zippo is kind of annoying, but if you like it then more power to you, as it is healthier.

ANYONE SAYING BUTANE IS IN SOFT ZIPPO LIGHTERS ARE RETARDED.

13. Also, the cool kids smoke with a Colibri.

14. As long as you love the taste of zippos, I say go ahead and try it. It is not that hard. Spark zippo, put to weed SUCK like a unicorn

15. #15 maxbidwell, Sep 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2011
    Love Zippos, love the aftertaste!

[​IMG]

16. It's fine. So long as you tilt your bowl so that you smoke the tip of the zippo flame u won't get much, if any, taste. Also, try out a Zippo Pipe Insert. It's basically the zippo chimney but with a huge hole bored out of it, rather than the small holes you see normally. What you do is hold the lighter sideways, and have the flame come out of the large hole on either side of the chimney. This allows pipes to be lit much easier.

17. #17 Alburnstrees, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
    EXTREMELY uncalled for