Lighting - 26w CFL Daylights - 2 per plant?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by OkinKun, Mar 21, 2008.

1. So I'm gonna get a bunch of CFLs soon... And I'm wondering If this sounds about right to people.

I'm getting the 26 watt Daylight CFLs... That's about as strong as I can get around here, and for my price range, it's as high as I can go...
    Would 2 of those per plant, be good enough? At least to start off...

I'll have 4 plants at first (2 lights on each)... And of course once I toss out any male plants, the extra lights will be moved to the remaining plants.

Will that be enough?

I heard somewhere, that the minimum per plant, was AT LEAST ONE 26w per plant... So I'm hopping 2 will be good.

- I might be able to get extra lights, after a few weeks, once I can get a little more money... But for starters, this should be enough... Right?

I know people say 100w per plant... But I just can't afford that much, and the electric bill would be bonkers... Besides, do they mean 100w, in CFL terms, or in normal bulb watts? And Daylights are a lot stronger, aren't they?

2. if they are seedlings one light per plant should be alright, but you will want many more later. probably 4-5 26 watters for one plant.

3. yeah... thats what I was worried about... But Given some time, and it does take time to grow, I'll be able to afford more of those lights after a little while.

But then again, if 2 plants turn out to be male, then I'll only have 2 female plants, and then I'll have 4 lights per plant. ... But that's not really something to count on, and I'd prefer having more plants anyway.

God I hope all these lights don't overload the basement circuit... lol

4. You can grow each plant on 1-2 bulbs a piece its a proven fact ive done 2 grows already in just daylight and softwhite CFL bulbs i used a total of 3 26w bulbs for 2 soil grows right now im doing a bubble bucket CFL soo far the plants are looking real nice to be honest with you id do at least 2 bulbs for for each plant and if you can mount one right above the pot once its get to about 2 feet.