Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Lighter Question

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DoubleD, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Need to settle this once and for all. Which kind of lighter is the best for smoking. Bics, butane, or zippos. I have heard many different arguements for each but so far the general concencus seems to be that Bics are the way to go. People have told me that zippos release a lot more fumes from the fuel which foul the taste, and that butane just burns too hot. But I have seen some monster hits taken from bongs using butane so I was just curious what you all think?

NOTE: Opinions are good but I am hoping for a little evidence to back up why you prefer what you do.

2. Soldering Iron.

3. I just use bics because they are cheap but if im going to take a monster bong hit i use just a BBQ lighter things.

4. Phail

Yeah i guess Bics are cheap but zippos arent to pricey either. $15-$20 for the lighter then $1.29 for a can of fluid that will last for 6 months lol.

5. Ussually a bic for everyday use, Break out the heat wand like twice a week, and butanes for smoking snapps.

6. I use a Bic most of the time, but if I'm at my house I'd rather use a match. :D

7. You fail, soldering irons actually work well.

8. Bics is what i use all the time cuz they are cheap and always have a good flame on them. But i have tried using zippos just for the novelty of it and everytime it tastses like i am inhaling lighter fluid!!!!

Peace:smoke:

9. A bic and butane are the same thing.

Zippos are terrible to toke with, but if you know how to use them you can get away with it.

Just don't tip the zippo towards the bowl, hold the flame straight up and next to the bowl and suck relatively hard.

A Bic would be the best choice if it were between the two, since those are the only options you gave.

The Hakko Dash N454 soldering iron has a removable metal tip to reveal a ceramic heating element which is the best way to light your weed.

They're about $30 -$60 depending on your model number and desired maximum temperature.

The Hakko Dash essentially vaporizes your weed, so you taste nothing but bud. It's great!

10. my name ain't bic but i keep that flame

11. Way too deeep man. its a lighter. go bic.

12. Bics r the way to go. I dont know what u guys r saying about using a butane lighter to take big hits because those burn the weed to quickly and you end up pulling so much weed through and wasting it. When i want to take a big hit i brew the weed slowly with a bic lighter for about thirty seconds until its all ash and then i pull it through

By butane lighter i assume you mean one of those really hot torch lighters

13. YEah this is true. very nice man. and yeah the torch lighters.

14. bic without the child safety thing on it.
    only way for me; personal preference is green.

but its honestly whatever floats your boat,
    just experiment with zippos/bics/soldering irons and figure out which you like more.
    smoking a blunt with a match isnt too bad either. lol

15. I personally prefer using a magnifying glass and the sun to light my bowls.

16. hurray for red bic!
    but if theres no wind or anything i prefer matches, be it bowls or joints or whatever

17. i use 4$ jet lighters from a gas station there pretty good. I think for bowls there really good really easy to light and its smoking in like 1 second

18. I use my trusty bic for just about everything, I like using matches if I can, and if I'm using a gravity bong, I use a BBQ lighter. It all just depends on personal preference.

19. Hell ya man, my friend and I do this on the lift when we snowboard cuz the wind blows our lighter out. But when I'm indoors, I just use a Bic. Bics are fueled by Butane (C4H10). When butane is burned in the presence of oxygen, it becomes nothing more than carbon dioxide (CO2) and water (H20), both of which are not harmful (CO2 is needed for your body to absorb oxygen). Of course, there might not be enough oxygen in the air to react with all the butane, so you might suck some butane if you use a Bic, but it is not any more harmful for you than the rest of the shit in the SMOKE you're filling your lungs with. If you're worried about what burns the cleanest, roll joints in hemp rolling papers.

20. Clearly you haven't tried the Hakko Dash.

You'll be able to notice the butane taste if you use a Hakko Dash then go back to a BIC.

Trust me, if you enjoy tasting your weed and not butane, use a Hakko Dash!