Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Lighter Noise is LOUD!!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 420everysecond, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Flushing the toilet is the worst

2. Aren't matches just as loud if not louder.

I always try and cough as I press the lighter to mask the sound, but then I get paranoid that they think I might be coughing so much because I'm smoking so it doesn't really work haha. I usually end up having to wait for them to move further away from me in the house.

3. [quote name='"didier12"']Aren't matches just as loud if not louder.

I always try and cough as I press the lighter to mask the sound, but then I get paranoid that they think I might be coughing so much because I'm smoking so it doesn't really work haha. I usually end up having to wait for them to move further away from me in the house.[/quote]

Now a book of matches is pretty quiet.. Best bet is a candle but op didn't love that idea so I gave him a new option.. Also, what about a grill lighter.. They just click but they aren't very loud...

4. [quote name='"tnh"']

Now a book of matches is pretty quiet.. Best bet is a candle but op didn't love that idea so I gave him a new option.. Also, what about a grill lighter.. They just click but they aren't very loud...[/quote]

Someone who uses one of those may know the sound of the click and if they hear it enough they may suspect something. I know its a pretty distinct click.

5. [quote name='"DARKKNT420"']

Someone who uses one of those may know the sound of the click and if they hear it enough they may suspect something. I know its a pretty distinct click.[/quote]

Truth

6. >light candle
    >hold lighter button down
    >suck in flame with lighter
    >smoke
    >get caught
    >cry

wash/rinse/repeat

7. Who the FUCK passed you mic, and said that you can flow? Tell me now, bitch I wanna know! Lol. That's what I thought of when I read the title. :bongin:

8. I wouldn't worry about it too much, if there's other noise happening. Make sure you have your tv or music on, and (if you haven't already) take the safety strip off the lighter. It makes it quieter and easier to light. Just take a pocket knife or anything like that and stick it under the strip, and then just pull up and tear it out. Or (this is something I used to do when trying to avoid detection), get a candle (preferably scented) and light it. Then, you can light your lighter using the flame of the candle without flicking it. Just press the button and hold it over the flame. It will light almost noiselessly.

9. [quote name='"xChildinTime"']oh my goodness OP, i've been thinking the same thing!! it has such a distinct sound too. i get so freaked out too when i have to do it like multiple times in a row...

i feel like it's so obvious. i just play music somewhat loud so i could still hear if someone was outside my door, but loud enough to cover the sound of the lighter..

and with the candle thing, be careful with that if you parents don't keep charcoal lighters around your house cause they might ask you like "hey buddy, how'd you get that candle lit, why do you have a lighter?"

stay safe op!! :smoke:[/quote]

You would say 'i bought the lighter to light my candle' would you not?

10. I don't know man...I've been using a barbecue lighter to light my bowls for about a week now since I'm too lazy to make the 45 second walk to 7-11 and one thing I've definitely noticed is the insane amount of super-loud clickage involved.

11. how about a candle & hempwick solution?

one time lighter noise, which is to light the candle.
    then you light the hempwick off the candle.

12. hemp wick + candles= no noise

13. [quote name='"Meursault"']
    I don't know man...I've been using a barbecue lighter to light my bowls for about a week now since I'm too lazy to make the 45 second walk to 7-11 and one thing I've definitely noticed is the insane amount of super-loud clickage involved.[/quote]

My bbq lighter must have a silencer on it cuz its pretty quiet.. Lol

14. Man bro........grandma dukes is a dictator too but on a WHOLE DIFFERENT LEVEL!! She made my grown man ass pout bout where I slept at tonite haha im thinking oh my old room! Duh?! NOPE im in the damn study on a couch the size of a bath tub (im 6'3") im pouring out the bitch....next door to Ms stitler's room...super noid to smoke man FUCKKKKKK! im starting at a book titles 'leadership skills of atila Attila the Hun' I couldnt make that up lmao....im going 4 it I need to not be sober NOW worst case she comes in beefin n i get kicked out to my apartment with cat and no food but hella condiments haha

15. To help with the paranoia, and to know for sure if the next room can hear the lighter or the bong. Download an app called dBMeter
    It’s a fancy app that measures sounds in the environment and it’s really accurate.

Go into your parents room when they are out put the app on and leave it on the bed.
    Go into your room lite up a few bowls then go back to your parents room and see if there are any spikes in the decibel readings.
    I bought this app when I got a very strong strain of weed and was super paranoid.
    Really helped and it’s free. ✌