Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

lighter alternative

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by lurkalot, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Don't feel bad...based on the thread title I thought the OP was looking for strain that wouldn't get him as fucked up. A lighter alternative to good weed...lol.

2. Dude. If you are gonna use a candle, make sure its one of those long skinny ones since the chances that there is going to be candle wax in your bowl are alot smaller than a big fatty candle. (I learnt that the hard way)

3. Hit up a hotel or anywhere with complimentary matches, ask for a pack and be on your way.

4. candles work nicely, however if you try lighting bowls with them they might go out. my bro and i have this homemade mini-torch thing that works nice for lighting bongs and bowls with. also dont need to worry about lighters or anything after its lit. :D

5. if you dont have a gas stove....pasta is really flammable...get a stick of like the long kind and get a flame, then light a candle so you have fire, then you can find like a small stick or rolled up piece of paper to continually light to hit the bowl. be creative man

6. WTF? Pasta is flammable? Why the fuck am I cooking this over the stove?

7. yeah brah starches light up. i mean not like explode it just burns easily

8. Like how big of a flame? How fast does it burn?

9. LOL thats awesome

10. I'd say don't get desperate and do something stupid.
    Ask a friend or neighbor for an extra lighter, if you can't do that use matches, if you dont have those use a candle, if you're afraid of the wax dripping on you/your piece, remove the wick and use that, if all else fails, take a piece of a paper towel and roll it up real tight until it looks like a joint, light that on fire using the stove, and use that to light the grass and keep it cherried.
    Don't put your face/piece/hands near the open flame trying to light grass that's in a bowl.
    Don't use a soldering/sautering iron as it will release gases/chemical vapors from any sauter/solder and the metal tip.
    If all else fails, eat it.
    Just eat it.
    Have fun though! :smoking:

11. solar hits are supposed to be epic. and i say if you have no lighter go on a voyage to GAS STATION FOR BLUNT AND MATCHES!