Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

lightbulb vape

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 3mBr3y-0-, Mar 5, 2009.

1. are they as efficient as real vaporizers? im sure there not quite as good, but does it still deliver a really high precentage of THC?

2. Defineately not as efficient for the simple fact that you cannot regulate the temperature on a lightbulb vape and theirfore you might be underheating the bud and losing THC. The best way to tell is if you start to see a mist rise from the bud. It has to be an almost clear mist and not gray in any way. When its gray it means youve burned the bud. IMO lightbulb vapes are ok for how cheap and effective they are, but im always paranoid using them because we don't really know how safe they are(some lightbulbs are chemically treated and such).

3. Don't do it, it's not worth it. I made a pretty good one, barely smoked anything and was very high, but it destroyed my throat and I felt like shit for a week.

4. damn i was fine wen i used one. it does make ur throat feel weird tho. o n btw im pretty sure most lightbulbs dont have ne chemicals eccept for argon gas...which is harmless and escapes then u open up the bulb.

5. Ok lightbulb vapes are awesome
    but it is pretty harsh on your throat
    but after the first hit you wont feel it if your doing it right
    it takes about 30 seconds to a minute to get a correct hit
    with lightbulbs you wont get anything other than grey light smoky-ish looking hit
    when your heating it you should not have the lighter touching the bulb
    and when you finish all of the green should look darker from brown to black
    but its still good in edibles, or at least thats what I hear

but if you have a spare minute these are diffidently the easiest and stealthiest way to smoke in the house especially if you have parrents in the house
    just cook some popcorn before
    and after you vape if they ask, all you did is burn the popcorn

toke up and enjoy it!!
    :D

6. You HAVE to use rubbing alcohol and water, multiple times, I did the same thing, and it was horrible chemicals I was smoking. ACK

7. Agreed, someone should make a sticky or like a tutorial. Maybe ill Make a tutorial thread.....should i ?

Yeah i think i will, and you guys can discuss how bad or good they are for you lol.

8. They aren't even close, and anyone who has smoked from a real vape and a lightbulb 'vape' can tell you that. Not even close.

9. I own a vaporizer (Vaperwarez Vaporcannon 4G HF) and I very highly doubt that a light bulb set up like that could possibly compare in any way.

10. #10 Madrid, Mar 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2009
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

THIS IS IT?!

I smoked everyday from a light bulb 4-5 times a day for 3 months straight! THEN OUT OF NOWHERE I STARTED GETTING THROAT PAINS

Turns out I had polyps growing on my vocal cords...had to get two vocal surgeries and it fucked my voice up forever

FUCK YOU LIGHTBULB

THAT IS WHY

That is untrue.. The white stuff = mercury. Plus there weird glue shit at the top of lightbulbs that I never knew if it was melting and getting mixed in with the vapor or not

11. #11 Fulf1llthedream, Mar 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2009

Sorry bro but that shit isnt mercury. Forgot the exact name, but it is a very commonly used ceramic dust. It is used in many things from modeling/pottery clay, to even in some cases food coloring. It is not very harmful if ingested orally, but inhaled is a completely different story. Its practically just bits of white rock that just sit at the bottom of your lungs and when you inhale them the sharp edges rip your throat to shit. IMO its best to not even use a lightbulb vape, but if you have to you should get atleast a completely clear one that is rated 75 watts or more. Than this way you dont have to worry about that shit in your lungs, but that does not protect you from the chemicals they use to treat the glass. Just hope the ISOpropyl alchohol can get rid of those fuckers lol.

But in all honesty, i still think a lightbulb vape is safer than a homemade plastic BIC pen bong which so many kids use nowadays. They are practically inhaling plastic vapor, purposely!

Invest in a nice glass spoon or bong and you will be the happiest mofo alive haha.

12. so much for snorting the white stuff lol

13. i humbly disagree very much with this post, i have and use a light bulb vape regularly and it works wonders, love it much well worth its cause

14. Lolz, that would be a horrible april fools prank......

15. Lighter Killers

16. i use a candle, its effective and cheap

anyways on the topic, lightbulbs are good till they break, but its like a dollar annyways lol
    i took like 10 small hts and right noe im high

17. i'm really baked right now thanks to my friend the lightbulb vape, and it definately getts you what you want. I had a white bulb and i cleaned it out with salt several times, did the rubbbing alchohol bit and then withe soap and water and then just water and it seems perfectly clean. My hits are smooth is you do it right. You have to keep the lighter about 2 inches away and then it doesnt cherry or burn. The only time is tastes bad is when i get impatient adn put the lighter closer. So if it doesnt hurt, does that mean its safe? Or can there still be shit going in me? I've been using this a lot latel y and it would be good to know

18. Dont worry man. Vape is not as hot as smoke. So, if you are vaping you are being cooler on your lungs than if you are combusting.

Its much healthier for you also, because u dont get the bad cheimcials that come with traditional burning. So chill man, its coo.

But I would reccomened using a real electric vape as opposed to the light bulb as it is simply much less crude..more pure..and a more chill experince.

19. Hey, thanks for teh ansewer. I just want to make sure that even though it doesnt hurt I dont have to go to the hospital in a few months for any problems.

20. wash your shit out good op.

wash your shit out good :(