Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Lightbulb Vape Quick Question

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by RapturousGrief, Mar 4, 2011.

1. I just made my first LBV and I washed out the inside with warm soapy water. Everything's cleaned out except there's this orangey/brown strip on the inside of the metal screw piece. Is that dangerous to be heated? Should I try and scrape it off? I think many bulbs have this and I'm a little worried it might be bad haha. Thanks.

2. Take a picture and post it?

You shouldn't be heating anything but the glass under the bud. I don't know why you would heat the metal part...I would assume it is okay. But again, I don't know EXACTLY what you are talking about.

I tried this before when I was like 15...7 years ago.

My advice: NOT WORTH IT! Save $100 and buy and MFLB if you want to vape.

But enjoy anyway :smoke:.

3. this i highly recomend it

4. Yeah my friend has the MFLB. I vaped with him for the first time in 5 months last night before my band concert... that was one of the best nights of my life.

Needless to say, I'm now hooked on vapes. I just love the high so much more than smoking. I can't afford a real vape right now but I'm thinking of saving up.

Anyway here's the pic: http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l561/mdross95/1299218344.jpg?t=1299218325

I know you heat the glass and not this part... but still it's worrying me haha.

5. na your all good

6. nah man your probably fine, if anything the toxic fumes from the orange ring will probably make you higher:smoke:

(jk)

7. how did you construct such a device :eek:

8. Just look on YouTube, there's a lot of tutorials.

9. you didn't use salt? dude is ALL the white coating gone from the inside of the tube?

10. White coating? It looked clear as fuck to me. Just washed it with salt like you said and I don't notice a difference between before and after so I think I'm good. That said, I don't really wanna use it haha. Too risky.

And another question... I was using a plastic pen tube thing for a tube for a bowl last night and after I took a hit I realized that the end had melted... and I had inhaled burning plastic. Am I going to die? :(

Fuck this, I suck at homemade shit. I'm just gonna save up for an MFLB already.

11. it shouldnt kill you but that shit aint good......Breathing in fumes from burning plastic may have deadly results depending on the amount of exposure. Once the plastic starts to burn, toxic emissions called Dioxin is released and thus if this chemical is inhaled it may cause serious health issues.

12. Its not good for you at all, but its good for a couple times buy a vapor genie its only 50$ lol