Lightbulb heat source for vape

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by CuriousToker28, Oct 28, 2009.

1. This is my first thread on here so i might make some mistakes, feel free to correct me. I've made the vape using a lightbulb, bottle cap, and straw but to heat it i had to use a lighter which left black stuff on the bulb. I wanna come up with a design so i can use another light bulb as my heat source but i'm not sure what wattage to use as far as temp. cuz i don't want to burn or underheat it. any help??

2. Just don't use any bulbs under 100w incandescent. Those can take heat from a butane torch if applied carefully.

3. ok yeah i'm just gonna test a few different lightbulbs this weekend to find out what the temp of the heat they are putting out is. I can't find the temp of a 75 watt online but i did find that a 60 watt bulb can get up to 260F but that seems too low and a 100watt will burn at over 400F. I'll try the 75watt and post back

4. #5 alphaenyx, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2009
  5. I'm not exactly sure yet on how i'm going to enclose it but i'm sure i'll figure something out. As far as the link you posted, it says that 100watt burns at 136C or 277F. I'm not really sure how accurate that is because other people think a 100watt reaches 400F+. Once i finally get it all set up I'll post pictures of it

6. You might have to directly measure the bulbs heat. Suggestion would be put bulb in a safe(non-flammable) small location for an hour and check temperature the in the area, ie how close would the other bulb have to be for the proper temperature transfer, just a thought though.