Light Timer malfunction

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Imadietitian, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Somebody plz help!! Need advice. First grow indoors w/ cfl's. Just discovered that after the first month of flowering when I added add'l lights and a new timer, that the SOB wasn't cutting off!!! So, I kept wondering why I was starting to see new vegetation. I know NOW!! Found a couple of lights on past dark time (on 12/12). So, moving forward... can I do anything to help fill in my stretched out buds that were just starting to form? I have now shifted the light cycle to 14 off 10 on to quit so much green and more flower, and to hopefully get them back to what they had started . What about the new plants that would have flowered 2 weeks ago, but will now show me male or female next week? Will they do ok on this light cycle or should i switch back to 12/12 once I know the sexes?:confused:

2. #2 tplat, Jan 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2011

So basicly your plants never really got a full 12/12 cycle in before you cut it down to 14/10. Before I start my 12/12 cycle I turn the lights of for 24 hours then start them on 12/12. If they havent been on a 14/10 cycle for long I would slowly work it down to 12/12. As for timers I only buy digital Intermattic brand timers. Had one on my lizzard tank for 7 going on 8 years and only had to replace the batteries and it still works fine. There a little more pricey but are worth it.