LIGHT/TENT UPGRADE QUESTIONS

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Slammer, Nov 12, 2018.

1. What's up, upgrading to a 4x4 tent and trying to decide on which LED to get. I currently use a Viperspectra 600w in a 2x4 tent and it's been nothing short of great. So I'm trying to decide if I should get 2x600w for the tent or just one of their 1200w lights. Also open to other suggestions for lights. $400ish budget for light(s)

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  2. Check.out FOLUX SOLUTIONS LED I CAN GET YOU A DISCOUNT

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Very interested. Shoot me a PM if you can.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. If your 600w Viparspectra was "nothing short of great" in your 2 x 4 tent - just get another one for your 4 x 4 tent. Whether you use 2 - 600w or 1 - 1200w Viparspectra - your wattage is exactly the same - 520watts.

5. It's worked great but obviously could always get better so was looking for some ideas for that as well. As for 2x600w or 1 1200w. U think the coverage would be the same? I've just seen some ppl use multiple smaller lights over 1 bigger one and just wasnt quite dialed in on all the pros and cons

6. Using two lights instead of one will definitely be better coverage. If you're going to use Chinese blurples, 640 actual watts would be ideal for 16 sf.

7. Is their a light that you would recommend that perhaps would be in my price range $400ish that's not one of the Chinese blurples?

8. The only thing I would recommend over your Viparspectra's is QB's, which I know is over your budget. There's nothing wrong with using the blurples - lot's of people use them with good results. Use those for now and save your money for better lights in the future. That would be my suggestion. Good luck. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. The reason I like more smaller lights is not all is riding on one light when it goes out. And I can use different spectrums for different stages, and I can manage height more easily if some plants are taller than others, and I can cut down to just one light if things get hot.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yea I really want two of the QBs but may have to wait a little bit! Lol Seems like i may just grab 2 more 600w from viparspectra for the new tent and keep mine now for thr veg tent.

11. I disagree,
    I would go with better lights even if I could only get half the light for now and save up to get the other half.!!

too many GC members say that Blurple is okay but not as good as HID, QB, or COB,
    why spend good money on an inferior light, get one great light now and add to it with more great lights later,
    meanwhile still using the old blurple where u can.!!
    the quality is so much better with great lighting.!

just my opinions, up to u to make the call on where to spend your dollars.!

• Like Like x 1
  12. I agree with slow old guy. There’s guys pulling 1.5-2 g’s a watt and you could easily build what you’d need for 400ish. Your light will turn into a 800 light is you’re buying something you’re knowingly going to replace. The QB’s are where it’s at. I switched from the viparspectra par 600 to these and it’s night and day.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2