Light Suggestion?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by incognitoflo, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Forgive me for flooding the board with noob questions. But let me get everything straight.

2 different lights are needed for growth (maybe not needed but reccomended). Correct?

One for germination. One for flowering.

What light bulb would you suggest for germination and what for flowering?

Requirements for it are..
    -Screw In
    -150 watt max
    -Not necessarily cheap but within an average joe budget

I think I need a fluro or cfl but I'm not sure?

If you don't mind giving me exact model and place to order or buy it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. In order for anyone to give you a good answer we would need more info like:
    How big is the space you are putting it in?
    How many plants do you plan on growing?

You say 150 watts is the max but why? A place I'd recomend you get your equipment from is Htg Supply, they have most everything you will need and are affordable for the average guy with not a lot of cash like a lot of us. Here's a link to there website for you
    www.htgsupply.com
    Again if 150watts is still your max Id recomend there 150 watt hps, you could grow up to harvest with this. What ever light you decide to go with make sure you get good enough ventilation for it, that's been the hardest part in my experience. Good luck

3. Thanks for the reply.

1 plant.
    150 watts is the max capacity for the light model.
    Small amount of space.

And what exactly do you mean with ventilation? Fresh air flow?

4. #4 cantharis, Dec 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2008

I am an outdoor grower - I have and need only one light. It has a colour temperature of 5600K. MJ has evolved under that light for millions of years, and is adapted to it perfectly.

So why do you indoor growers need two ???

5. Ventilation is a big key of growing. Yes I do mean fresh air flow, but not only that bt I also mean keeping the temperatures inside your garden cool, by exhausting the heat out of your grow area. To hot, your done for.