Light spectrum

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dano5539, Feb 1, 2018.

1. I'm reading a lot about blue Spectrum I'm using a 400 watt hid that gives off Orange plants are growing good should I incorporate a blue spectrum light up some source to help with growth and I want stage

2. The hid that puts out orange sounds like an hps bulb and while I've never ran one start to finish with hps, everything I've read says it works fine.

The plants prefer more in the blue spectrum during the vegetative stage and more red spectrum during flower.
    The 400W HPS (orange) bulb you have will be ideal for flower and ideally the hps fixture will also accept a metal halide bulb, that would be ideal in veg.

3. red produces bulk . blue produces tight growth . . flower with a mh blue bulb tighter spacing less yield. veg with a hps more stretch . ok mixing them in flower . best of both worlds . big question in a small tent grow will it make difference ????? mabe ....or mabe not . lets say for every 3000 watts hps you run i suggest 400 watts of blue . your burning 400 hps . honestly im liking a t5 10k bulb in there to build the quality and keep the spacing tighter still giving you the yield . costing only 30 or so bucks . it will spread wide and be perfect blend . yeah for sure you will get higher quality . i have used 10k finish bulbs in flower mixed in with hps . honestly i am going back to old school t5 over these other bulbs . now a led could make a major improvement but its hard to spread led or use led with hps the led shines straight down and those plants under the led will not get as much hps . but a t5 placed lets say 2 foot above the plants on the back wall will get to the top of the plants . hope i did not give to much info know to do that.

4. I see some people drop down a blue spectrum bulb along side of plants.I'm only growing 3 plants in 3x3 tent