Light Sockets

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by zabije cie, Sep 30, 2008.

1. #1 zabije cie, Sep 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2008
    I'm going to be putting in Two CFL's in a pretty small place so i will need them to be sideways. My only problem is that i am having trouble figuring out how i could use a light socket or any socket to stand up against the wall without falling down.

[​IMG]
    http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?image=97643060qw8.jpg

2. Duct tape?
    Mounting brackets?
    Sticky back hangers?

3. i baught 6 of what your looking for in a hardware store neer me, i think they were wall mounted fittings or somthing

4. you wouldn't happen to find a link would you? i tried in Google but didn't come up with anything new.

5. Buy a power strip, those usually have keyholes on the back for hanging/mounting them on screws or nails, mount that on the wall then plug the Y adapters in.

6. yeah, i've got one but no holes in it :( i may have to get another.

thanks though

7. mine were 2.50 each at walmart and they have 4 holes in the back. Buy a variety pack of nails and use a piece of ductape and mark the holes, then take the ducttape and put it where u want the power strip.. then put the nails in, then remove duct tape.

I also bought this little lamp at target for $7 it clamps right the the pot. I took the lamp shade part off of it and put a Y in it. This gets my lower leaves.

[​IMG]

Thats with the shade still on, you can see it in the lower right. Im going to buy 1 or 2 more soon. They are perfect.

[​IMG]

This is how my setup is in my closet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was my cab for the early begginings, same plant, she outgrew my box and got her own room in the closet haha.

8. thanks phre4k for the pics, they really helped out.

9. nice!, i just finished painting my walls.

Quick Q, do i have to sand off all the paint before i apply a whole new color, or can i cover the original up? i just tried covering it up, but it took 5 coats :S