Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Light smoker drug testing questions

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by justanewbie, Jan 6, 2007.

1. So I'm a light smoker, probably about 2 grams a week, spread throuthout the week. I'm not too big, 5'7" 140lbs, lil bit of a beer gut but not noticable when i'm not naked, you get the idea.

Well, I have a 2nd interviewin 3 weeks for what I would consider a dream job. I don't currently know the policies of this company regarding drugs and testing, but I want to be prepared.

A couple weeks ago I started working out regularly again, I know this will help some, I've also resorted to eating healthier and drinking much more water than I did.

I believe I can get my system clean if I just don't smoke and do what I'm doing in time for the interview, however, this is not my main concern. My main concern is if I get the job, and they do randoms or something, and I coule never smoke again!

Well this isn't an option for me, as I truly enjoy it for the stress release, relaxation, all that stuff that we enjoy, including helping me sleep properly. So my question is regarding smoking lightly like I do now or lighter, which I could easily handle, and keeping to where I could pass a test at will. I've heard that 2 500mg niacin pills a day with lots of water could keep my system clean smoking a small amount.

Does anyone have any input or experience with a similar matter?

Thanks a lot!!!

2. If you know the job does random drug screens, and you dont want to stop smoking, then dont take the job. There is no way to get clean with no notice if you smoke as much as you do. Or just take the job until you get drug tested, then get fired. And believe me, you dont want to take that much Niacin, not only will it make you feel like shit, it will kill your liver. 1000mg is 50 times the reccomended daily value.

3. thanks, I really don't know much about niacin, just started researching and seem to see a lot of people use it. I've been smoking off and on for about 16 years, more on that off. If offered the job I will take it, but hopefully I'll know their drug policy before then. I can handle not smoking but once or twice a week, which is probably what I'll end up doing if they do randoms, but in the position I'll be in, upper management level, hopefully that won't be an issue.

worrying about shit like this just sucks, bud should be legal!!!

4. Be careful with using Niacin. I did the two pills every three hours, massive amounts of water and such and everything went fine. But the next time I used it, I had to up the dosage and in doing so I'm pretty sure I could've harmed myself if I kept using them.

I can't really give you any suggestions about the job itself, seeing as every job I've had in the passed three or four years drug tested me probably twice for each job.

5. You just can't predict a random so you're truly screwed if they pull that. Make sure the company does random because a lot say it but they only do pre employment and post accident.

You are doing the right thing by working out and H2O as much as you can. Instead of any of the kits, supplements and such just take a high potency multi vitamin with lots of water. The bottom line it is all a crap shoot of timing at a random.

6. You could get some fake piss. I passed three drug tests for jobs last week with that stuff. It even comes with hand warmers to warm it up. I think you can even buy a fake dick incase they watch you pee. I think they have to tell you ahead of time if they do random drug tests too. I have had three jobs that said they do random drug tests and I was only tested when I came in blazed off my ass and then they made me get tested the next day so I was able to get half assed clean.

What is the job you are applying for? Hopefully its a job where they hire you for your skills and you are not easily replaceable because with jobs like that they hardly ever drug test.

7. Call up the company and ask what their policy on drug tests are. Its as simple as that. Then make an assesment if you want it or not. If you smoke about twice a month, and not too much u get clean in around 2 or 3 days each time