Light size for mother/veg room?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Kannabliss, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Im trying to decide if I should get a 600w convertable or 600w HPS. If I get a HPS what size light would I need in my veg/mother room to supply the flowering room with enough plants? I plan on having a few strains so I'll need enough light to keep 3 or 4 mothers Secondly if I get a convertable ballast would i need a smaller light in the mother/clone room because I would be vegging under 600w convertable? I'm looking for the most economical choice being that I pay $0.16 per kwh.

2. check out paradigme gardens on the web i just got a bunch of great nutes for cheap and a 150 watt hps sun system that will only add probably 15-20 bucks on a month if you have it on all day it only use's 3.2 amperes and 120v with and ansi selfmounted ballast and it was only $90 check it out it's just
    www.paradigmgardens.com im veging like 4 plants under that no prob they jamming it has a 16,00 lumens depending on what you are doing i'd get 2 of those and you'd be straight no worrys and optimum lighting.:hello:

3. Bro - really depends on the strain. Go with a sativa and you're not gonna be able to grow that many.... go with a true indica and you could fit 15 in there.

Here, try this... figure out what strain ya wanna grow - now look up some journals on it, read up and figure out what size bucket/pot you wanna use to grow it with.

Now measure up that bucket diameter, add an inch or two for buffer room, and bingo - you now know how many of those will fit in your grow room! :)

As far as mothers - once you tackle the above, and calculate out how many plants you can fit in there as well as the strain...the mother part is easy as pie. Let's say you can grow 10 plants in there at one time. That's only 10 clones, and it will most likely take at least 2 months flowering, which is PLENTY of time to grow more clones off the same mother plant.

So, since you're newer, I'd suggest 2 mother's (in case 1 get's messed up). This will also allow you to take double the clones ya need, in case any of them die as well.