Light set up?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by tokengator, Jul 21, 2012.

1. I have a choice between two light systems. I will be using these lights for the vegging stage to give me 6 hours a day with the other 12 being sun until i get to the flower stage and go 12/12 which will then be all sunshine. So here is my choice, 19 100watt CFL's or a 400 watt hps with a 125 watt cfl. I do not have the luxury of mix matching these. Thanx 4 any help you guys can offer.

2. I'd go the 400w HPS way, the plants are still getting 2 thirds blue light from the sun, to the plants it will feel like an extended sunset/sunrise by using the red HPS

peace
    "V"

3. Thank for your help. I may be able to get a 600 watt hps system with 2 65 watt (they are huge and on reflectors) cfls. I just cannot make up my mind now. One deal comes with a 400 watts hps, vented with fans, 4'x4 x84 tent, 125 watt cfl on reflector, 8 bottles of fox farm mutes, and two fans or a 600 watt hps, 2 65 watt CFCs on a reflector with 4 new hps bulbs. I just do not have enough experience with growing to make a decision. Thank again.!

4. Go take a look at my blog ..under library

V