light schedule

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by coughmaster420, Jan 22, 2013.

1. 18/6 or 24/0. they seem to be responding way better in 18/6. whats everyone else's preference?

2. I go 18 6 because in the natural world they have a dark period so I like to give it to them.

3. For my indoor, I prefer 24/0. They really seem to like the "unnatural" advantage.

4. I would be interested if it is really beneficial and makes a worth while difference because I veg under florescent but used to use mh so I used a dark time to bring electricity down a little. I could run my fluorescent 24 hrs though.

5. Well with my cheese i'm actually getting better horizontal leaf and node growth on 18/6 and length as well which surprised me cause when i was on 24/0 it wouldn't get noticeable growth length or width and everyone says 24/0 is better. I think it depends on the environment and strane. There's so much that says 18/6 better and there's a bunch that says 24/0 is better etc. i appreciate your response and everyone elses.. just seeing what everyone prefers

6. Well i should start 12/12 soon cause its close to 2 foot tall and super compacted node sites every inch or half inch. should i feed for another week? or start 12/12 asap?

7. im in veg using my veg nutes i should use bloom too?

8. I wouldn't idk if that's what he was saying. When vegging feed veg nutes not to much on small plants. When you switch to flower cycle then use flowing nutes some have an Ammount for transition to bloom than for bloom. But when you go into the 12 12 flower cycle the plant will continue to grow for around 2 weeks so account for extra height room needed.

9. My cheese isnt that small she is just compact. But your saying is use bloom nutes(which i have)but when nugs start to set use a stronger bloom nutes?

10. When they are in vegetative stage feed them vegetative nutrients at what ever does the bottle says. Keep feeding vegetative nutrients until you change to 12 12 when you make that change to start flowering then switch to flower nutrients at the dose the bottle says.

11. oh i know. you made it sound like using one phase of nutes to a stronger one

12. The one that I have does do that not all do though when I start flower the first week about I give them 2tsp fertilizer to a gallon of water then after that week I up it to 3tsp to a gallon for the rest. Not all fertilizers are like that though its just what mine calls for.

13. Thats how mine are now.

14. #14 Rumpleforeskin, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2013
    LOL, ever hear of Lucas?

I caught a fish thissssssssssssss big!
    [​IMG]

15. Darn, I wish I could have read what "Super Grower" cogosoriginal said. I think she was telling us she invented the internet or something.
    :D

16. The debate over 24/0 vs. 18/6 has been going on for years, and it won't be settled here. Suffice it to say that they both work well, there are proponents of each, and the only debate is if one works a little better than the other. Choose one that you are comfortable with, experiment between them if you want, and just grow on from there.