Light Schedule - Very Important

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by jayyou, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Hi :)

Thank you for reading this and I hope you will take the tame to respond.

Question: I have had my 3 plants on 12/12 since Dec. 7th, so maybe a week.

I originally was going to see which ones were FEMALE and then continue to flower. But now that 3 of 5 are girls, I decided that I'd maybe like to VEG them for a little longer and put them in to FLOWERING in the new grow room that is bigger and has 400W HPS in about 25 days...

IS IT OK TO PUT THEM BACK IN TO VEG (20/4) FOR ANOTHER 25 DAYS AND THEN PUT THEM IN TO FLOWERING IN THE NEW ROOM? or will this stress them too much and turn female to herm?

Thank you :)

2. Ok... I have recently had a problem with this too..I would honestly tell you to keep them in flower, unless you were reverting to veg, to clone, to keep the strain alive.

It stresses a plant out a good amount and also causes slow and odd growth patterns when a plant is switched back and forth from veg-flower-veg and so on..It can also cause hermaphrodites like you mentioned.. I would really just let them bloom.

I recently put a chem dog seed outside to show sex(fall months) and now I have had it back in my veg room under a 400w and I completely regret reverting it and even sexing it. It has 1 fingered leaves, the leaves are twisting and it had hardly grown for the last month. So i would just leave that baby in bloom. Hope that helped..
    -PT

3. Purple.....thank you and I think I'll take your advice..

I have 2 more questions I hope you could help me out with:

How exactly do I clone? and when? (I'm new to this obviously)

Should I be topping my plants? and when?

Thank you in advance..

4. You can take clones in the first two weeks of 12/12, that is usually the best time because of the explosive growth.

There are a few good threads here about cloning, but I'm going to direct you to the search because I'm too lazy to go look them up.

You can top your plants at any time in its life technically, but the best time is during veg a week or two before you switch to 12/12. I top a few weeks into flower with no problems but anytime after 2 in 12/12 you shouldnt.

Good luck man!

5. I go one step further and don't touch them 10 days into 12-12.

The process to switch out of flower back to veg will take 2-3weeks, best to wait till the end and re-veg your favourite.

I never cut clones outside of veg.

Topping of most indica dominant strains is more harmful than good.

6. I am gonna disagree on the reveg advice. It does do all of the stuff he says but if u do it at the right time you will not get the one finger leaves or the twisting(assuming just the preflowers are barely showing). Me and buddy revegged a few plants a little over a month ago and that plant took off like a rocket and is currently flowering beautifully. There are certainly techniques you use to stimulate growth such a cutting the root ball. Like jim said above search around here for more info on reveg, I saw a good topic not to long ago but I am on my cell phone so it would be really hard to link you to it. good luck with what ever you decide to do there is no wrong cho ice here. Happy growing!

7. Just do it. I had a buddy in Austin, TX take some clones from a plant that was halfway thru the flowering cycle...it took 3 weeks before they started growth but they look great now... At least put one back to veg so you could keep as a mama