Light schedule during flower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SativaDreams, May 13, 2015.

1. OK so I inherited 6 small plants recently that are currently flowering in week 8 they have some cloudy trichs mostly clear though. So since I have nothing invested in these I was wondering if anyone has ran their lights 24 off and 12 on and what was the outcome?

2. #2 TheAnswer121, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2015
    why[​IMG]

just do it how it's supposed to be done

it would shock the plant and cause it to herm, would also likely stop growth altogether as the plant would be so confused it wouldn't know what to do

a plant needs 12/12 to flower, it's science[​IMG]

3. Just figured I would try something new, because I have zero invested in these plants. And how do you think new methods of doing things happen? Someone tries it. I was asking if anyone has tried it, if not I'm going to.

4. #4 TheAnswer121, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2015
    just because you have "zero" invested doesn't mean you should go destroying them

it's not a new method, but you go right ahead[​IMG]

or

finish them properly and smoke em[​IMG] they are almost done anyway[​IMG]

5. Dude...I have my own stash and I've grown plenty I searched around the interwebs, and couldn't find any info on the subject while I do appreciate your concern for the plants. You answered my question...oh wait no you didn't.  So since I have nothing invested in these I was wondering if anyone has ran their lights 24 off and 12 on and what was the outcome? 

6. pretty sure i answered your question as to what would happen in my very first post[​IMG]

and while it wasn't meant to come off as hostile just a playful way of telling you to litfa, you gonna do what you want anyway

best of luck with your experiment[​IMG]

7. You did answer it...my bad I some how missed it, sorry. So my other question is have you tried this? I understand the science of the plant switching to flower on 12/12 because it senses the season coming to an end so it has to reproduce. My thought is that depriving more light may make it try harder to finish. Or another thought I had was to cut the hours of lights on to let's say 6 hours and 12 off. Maybe I should stop thinking... lol