Light Questions/Grow Chamber Setup (1st Timer Indoors)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GreenLantern, May 16, 2008.

1. rock on! good to see another fellow 4' floro grower on here..

i'm only on my 3rd grow, so i probably don't have a ton to share.. i would say, make sure when you flower, you switch over to lights that have a cooler temp (2700k or 3000k). i keep reading that everywhere, although this will be the first grow i actually do it.

i've grown in tight sandy soil before, and it wasn't really a problem. the plant adapted, and i couldn't tell the difference. i mixed in some black kow steer compost this time, and my plants are way bigger than when i just used potting soil. haven't really tried too many other mixes. i would say get bigger pots, but if you're going hydro next time, i guess that's a moot point :)

anyway, good luck, those plants look great!

2. Thanks so much for your input. I was actually thinking about using some sort of manure or compost on the plants but went with just miracle gro to see how well they would take it. They have been doing pretty well and Im planning on switching them to a 12/12 light cycle sometime in a week or two. Im trying the aging method which is said to produce better quality buds if the plants are older and more developed before they are made to flower. I have no idea if it works but I guess I'll find out sooner or later. :D