Light Question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by WV_24, Mar 26, 2017.

1. so I have 2 plants under a 300w led light, been vegging for 53 days I bought another light because I was going to start flowering Monday but I decided I want to top one more time. My question is can I add that new light for a few weeks while they grow from topping or will it affect the plants since they been used to just one light?

• Like Like x 1
  2. It's fine to add another light as long as you can keep the heat under control.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Adding lights is fine just like pistils said, you have to manage heat.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. I agree with the above said and I know you didn't ask about topping etc, but I thought I'd still be a smartarse and remind you that your plants will stretch to probably 3x their height once you flip them to flower. This is even more likely if your lights are not "that" strong. So you might start struggling with height and overcrowding, unless you're an experienced grower and know exactly what you're doing, in which case I apologise for babbling here...
    Grow on bro!

• Like Like x 1
  5. i would try a cfl or red led to help increase yield :)

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. No first time grower here! Here's pics of my plants now, should I Top again or go into flowering?

Attached Files:

7. the advice I got on my first grow was to "let them grow, watch and learn the first time, and apply the learned stuff in the second grow". I did, and it was good.
    I'd take off some clones (if you intend to experiment with clones), and put those two girls into flower.
    I think that light you got (the one round UFO shown on the photo) is too weak for a large plant(s). I'm just saying from my own experience. Cheap LEDs are what they are - cheap. Will do the job, but won't produce helluva lot of produce - whatever the actual power draw (not the "rated LED Wattage" that every cheapo seller is throwing at us) is the maximum (in grams) that will be the end result of dry product. My example: ebay 800W LED by (whatever the crappy non-brand was), actually draws exactly 144W from the power outlet per hour. With this thing I got 5oz (141g) of dry bud plus 1oz of dry trim/popcorn buds I used to make some cannabutter.
    Sorry for the long post bro, good luck with your grow. Keep em healthy and watch out for pests!
    Grow on!

• Like Like x 1
  8. I'm getting a GalaxyHydro 300w led tomorrow so I'll have two lights. I'll see how it goes for my first grow. Thanks for your replies!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Why did so many people disagree with my shit that stuff does increase yield during flowering as well as nutrients wtf

10. I know I'm not the op but I had to extend my gratitude for this informative post. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  11. You are kinda correct but it's more than just red. Cfl's wouldn't be the way to go I assume, don't worry buddy I think your answer was okay!

12. I have a blue spectrum cfl 60w 6500k (veg) and a red spectrum 125w 2700k (bloom) on the way, I definitely agree with you but I went against quite a few grains so I guess people will always do what they want in the end so I wouldn't take it personal

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Just starting. I am in the germinate period. As soon as I get some sprouts they will be in soil. I am have grown before but wasnt able to flower it.. Polly went byebye.. Anyway , what is the correct light timing and temp on babies, and for how long? Please help Meme out, Thanks in advance.

14. Depends on the light keeping it above 18C and under 28C is your goal. If you have the most common 300w led 30 inches does well for the first week. Shouldn't get stretching. With cfl's you need to put them close. They won't hurt the seedlings at about 4-5 inches away

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  15. I disagree because I think full spectrum light is better than just red. Based on theory and youtube, not on personal experience. I apologise if I upset you, it's not personal, bro!

16. Also plants don't necessarily double or trip in size during stretch....each strain has an estimated length of stretch...so if your strain will stretch 12" then it don't matter wut size it is before flower...if u veg a plant till its 4 feet tall, it isn't gonna stretch another 4-8 feet lol...it will stretch its 12" and be 5 foot full grown...if u flip that same plant when it's 12" tall, then after its stretch is over it will then "double" in size

• Like Like x 1
  17. So the babies are in their starter home. They are starting to look pretty.

18. im talking adding a red light for flowering in addition to the full spectrum omg in addition to a 300w led

19. If I had to, I'd always add another full spectrum light, rather than a red one. But that's just me

20. Yep, you're right there, I wrote it down before I thought of ALL possibilities.
    Of course, if you know your strain and its "specs", you'd be sure to time the flip correctly to achieve the optimum final height/size of the plant (depending on growing and training methods). But what if you don't know how much your plant will stretch? Better start smaller than fight overcrowding, IMHO.

• Like Like x 1