Light question.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by newb687, Mar 22, 2017.

1. So I found some lights from leotek, can't seem to find a lumen output on them. Only thing I can find says brightness. They are 4w led and the chart I have says brightness 26000. Any idea how to convert that to lumen

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. The brightness rating may be the lumens....but typically u will only get that kind of lumen output from HPS...so I have no idea

3. The lumen output is the total visible amount of light emitted, you aren't going to be able to work it out. 26,000 is around the lumen output of a 250w HPS. If the LED uses around the same amount of watts then it could well be the lumen count.

Why do you want to know the lumen output? The growing community usually uses watts to gauge light suitability as it's a more accessible figure to base decisions off of

4. Thanks for the replies. I have been reading and seen many things saying lumen and many saying wattage. What is the appropriate wattage? These are 4 watts that fit a normal light socket. Just curious if they were usable or would help at all if added to my existing lighting

5. Oh you mean the whole light is 4 watts? I thought you meant the light uses 4 watt diodes. I thought it would have like 50 diodes in the light, but it has just 1?
    Sorry to tell you but they are useless. 4 watts is nothing. You should be looking to have about 50w per square foot of area when using LEDs

6. Thanks for the response. Figured they would be.

• Like Like x 1