light question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jakeman941, Sep 22, 2012.

1. I have had my rooted clones in 4in pots under a T5 light for a week now. I will be putting them in 1gal pots under 600w mh lights next (and then to 5gal pots). My question is how long should I leave them under the T5? The reason I am using the T5 right now is so I can have the light a couple inches from the plants so they won't stretch. Any thoughts on this?
    Thanks

2. do you plan to continue vegging under the 600 watt mh? i would say if the root structure is good you could probably put them in now. but i would wait until you transplant to the 1 gal then put them under the 600mh ( if you continue to veg ) just keep a reasonable distance 1.5-2 ft at first and make sure they dont dry out!

3. Agreed.

4. Yes I will be vegging under the mh lights, they are air cooled. Aren't you supposed to let your pots get dry before rewatering? I have only weatered 4 times so far but have waited till the soil was almost dry before each watering. Is this wrong? Thank you

5. The 600's will dry out smaller pots. If you put them on now, insure you consistently check the soil moisture.

Waiting to up-pot is probably the best approach.

6. I veg with t5 and flower in hps, works out just fine

7. You are right, you do want to let your pots dry out some before you re-water. What these guys are saying is that your plant will dry out much faster under the MH than under the T5, especially if you are in a small pot. Just be aware and adjust your watering accordingly.

8. I use t5s all threw veg have for 2 years works great and way cheeper and cooler.