light proofing a wardrobe ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by UKCRONICGROWER, Apr 23, 2007.

1. hey guys just finished building my new flowering room ( it was a flat pack double wardrobe ) any way im now sat here with the hps set up ,fans etc in place but its leaking light through the gaps around the front double doors im smokin a joint n trying to think how i can light proof it from the inside so the doors will still open . :confused: any of you guys got any suggestions ???????? i was kind of thining of using strips of card taped on the inside of the joints ?:confused: ?????come on guys get creative for me lol

2. PICS on building a grow room, havent tried it yet but, this uses roll of black plastic to seal this small area. i think this should work for u and with a little creativity YOU WILL BE LIGHTPROOF !!!

3. Try weatherstripping and/or hanging a heavy black curtain just inside the doors, making sure it fits all the way to the top, bottom, and both sides. You could also build a sill inside the doorframes, thin strips of wood that will sit flush against the door on the inside when closed. Paint those sills and the inner edges of the doors flat black to cut down on reflected light.

4. For the hinge joints, taping card up sounds very reasonable to me. A couple of layers of black duct tape will also work, just remember to stick them on with the doors fully extended.

Tops and bottoms of doors will probably need weatherstripping (Rubber insulating strips sold for draught exclusion).

For the central joint where the doors meet you'll need an overlap of some description.
    It can be as simple as a strip of ply nailed to the inside of one door with a piece of weatherstripping running down it where the other door meets.

Heh. You're the one smoking the joint.

5. get foam tape from home depot.. lets no light out