Light problems

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CMtreez, Oct 31, 2016.

1. So my timer accidentally got switched .my lights went off and turned back on after 2 hours of dark.. didn't know until 4 hours later.. I'm in 4th week of flower are my plants ruined?!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I'd say its cool. Im not trying to downplay the sides from stressing such as abnormal light hours, but dont worry. Do they seem ruined?

Answer is prolly "no" - so relax and let the plant do its thing. A one time error like this is nothing at all to worry about, most of the time.

Ive had a timer wrongly set, so it didnt light up at all for a whole 24 h. Didnt affect my girls at all.

Ive also had girls hermie on me when i was a total noob, due to light leaks - GC members insisted i should throw the affected plant bcuz of this - i didnt.

I plucked the balls consistantly for a week - it stopped hermie'ing and gave me some dank bud.

My point - dont stress it. Do they seem affected? If not then fix situation (make sure timers dont fail on you in the future) and relax! Good luck!

• Like Like x 2
  3. I really appreciate the quick response. Everything I read makes me think I'm going to get a hermie and with this being my first indoor I'm excited and trying to be very cautious lol. Everything Seems fine thus far so I'll just let it be for now and let the lights go back to regular schedule

4. You will be fine, one night will never be the issue its when the street light is on every night, or when you have a lamp that leaks in every night, one day will not make or break it.

5. Nothing you can do about it now anyway, don't sweat it, but dont make a habit of it.

6. You should be perfectly fine. My husband installed a plain old 4 ft. CFL on the ceiling of the flower room just for when we're in there working and maybe the room isn't functional, etc. But he went in there one day after he installed it and turned it on and never bothered to turn it off. He didn't bother to tell me about it until 2 days later...conveniently, at which time you can understand that I flipped out on him. LOL But, turns out that even though the light stayed on for 24 hours, it had no affect on my plants....THANK YOU JESUS!! LOL As far as screwing up your light pattern and having it affect your plants, it takes something substantial....like if your light schedule was messed up for 3 or 4 days, or you had lighting left on for 3 or 4 days, because it takes the plants awhile to process this kind of thing and make the adjustments within to compensate for it. Since you caught it as quick as you did, you didn't do any damage likely. TWW

7. You all make me feel way better! I guess I need too calm down lol thank you all

• Like Like x 1