light problem?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by shortify, Feb 3, 2009.

1. hey everyone im going to begin growing shortly but i baught a factory type metal halide ballast with bulb and both work now the bulb thats in it currently is a 360 watt but on the top it says 400 watt in the specs etc now i went out and got a new bulb which is a 400 wattt i put the new bulb in the socket turned it on and it started going flashed once and is now just like not gettin bright? for some reason like the bulb is on but very dimly and if i put the old 360 watt bulb in it works? i got the bulb from lowes any thoughts on why it would be not getting bright?

2. Those warehouse lights have shitty ballasts. It's probably the ballast. Or maybe the fact that it only takes the specific bulb it came with.

3. you think?, i was going to say maybe its because i didnt wait long enough since its a new bulb and all, maybe it took like 5 minuetes to heat up? but i never waited that long since the bulb it came with begins to brighten basically right away ?

4. but the ballast is a 400 watt metal halide ? figured it would take a 400 watt bulb

5. i guess i can use the 360 watt bulb to vegg