Light Problem

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PurpAndSyrup, Oct 18, 2012.

1. I went to check on my girls today and found 1 of my 2 lights was off, I have my grow area split in 2 seperate areas with lights over both sections of plants. I found that one of my lights had been off from 4 a.m-9a.m while the other light was on since 4a.m. Both lights are on now but today is my 2nd day of flowering and I'm not sure what I should do since one section of my room didn't have light for the first 5 hrs of the day.

2. This shouldn't mess up your flowering, I have had similar issue happen with lights, maybe they grow a little less that day, but not a big issue. I would recommend having a back up bulb on hand just incase.

3. I have backup bulbs, I guess I somehow kicked the ballast and the light wasn't all the way plugged into the ballast

4. Yea, the other day I bumped my hood (x2 600w HPS) and both light turned off (security feature?), I let them cool and turned back on and only one was working, and hour later both were back on. Missing a few hours of light isn't going to do anything major, but I am more careful around the light/ballast. If you still worried, hook a couple supplemental lights to your timer (CFLs or something).