Light popped

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gingerb, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Ok strange question, 2nd week into my grow I turned my lights off tonight and roughly a few
    mins afterwards I heard a loud pop come from my grow tent.

To start with I had thought my blub had popped, so I switched the ballast back on
    and got nothing from my lights. Unplugged ballast and plugged back into other power socket
    light came back on. Wondering if my power strip is acting up now, it's surge protected aswell.

Only other thing the pop sound could be is the light reflector contracting from heating.

Running a 400w lumatek & wing reflector.

\t 

2. I don't know about the pop, but I do know that when you shut off a HID light, it needs to cool down before it will turn on again. Maybe that's why it didn't turn on the first time? I dunno.

3. Sounds like you blew a bulb

4. I've heard bad things about lumatek..

5. You said it wasnt the bulb? It happened right after the lights went out? I dont know...you have a lot of water in your tent?

6. Did you flip the breaker for the light?  If that is it, be very careful as you may have overloaded the system.  The surge protector is good.

7. #7 gingerb, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014
    It's been ok since, bulb did't blow unplugged and replugged into surge protector and all working fine today.
    Not sure what the pop was, apart from reflector being hot etc.