Light or pot size

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by greenfingers08, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Is light more important than the size of the pots you use? im using 11ltr pots with 600wt lights over them just curious........

2. IMHO Pot size indoors is most important followed by light type and size then veg length.

3. Im using 5 600wat duel spec bulbs and only veging for 2 weeks

4. 5 600 watt lights? I think you mean 5 60 watt lights no?

5. That is a lot of watts... :eek:

6. Yes thats correct (5),600 watt lights duel spectrum by sunmaster thats what we all use here in the uk,thats only little compeard to other people that i know there using 20,600 watt lights .......

7. hi bud:)

no not if your only vegging for 2 weeks mate, 11 ltr pots are more than adequate.

personaly i would go up to the 15 ltr pots & veg longer mate as 2 weeks vegging,even under those lights which is for quantity not just quality;),is a waste of those lights,in my opinion mate.
    the bigger the root mass the bigger the yield will be,which extra vegging time will do & just guessing as your using 5 x 600 watts lighting space is'nt an issue?

just curious mate, why only vegging for 2 weeks?

ps, nice to see another brit here:)

8. Holy maximum wattage batman!

9. Christmas is on it's way thats the reason for the 2 weeks veg get the harvest in just before christmas ££££££££ lol lol,space is'nt an issue my pic gallery has pics of my grow im doing now mate i started off with 50 babys an now i only have 40 ten died must have been a bad batch,was waiting for babys for about 2 months just kept on getting let down so as soon as these k2 came up i just grabed them,im aiming for 2 on each plant my temps are spot on always at 77 and when lights are off it drops down to 67,lad it sure is good to speak to someone from the uk like you said ,its going to be 2 weeks this fri on the veg but now you'v said veg for longer you have me thinking now im just seeing more £££££ but we cant get greedy now can we,but defo guna go foe the 15ltr pots next time.

10. :Dfair comment xmas pressys for all:)..........sounds like you got it going on mate,perfect temps etc but as you'll know the longer you veg the bigger the yields, even 1 more week with that amount of plants & lights your using will give you at least 1/4-1/2 oz per plant extra(give or take a gram or 2)over 40 plants instead of 80 oz you,ll have 108 oz @ extra 1/4 then 136 oz with extra 1/2 oz per plant (@ a 1/4 per plant at 1 week extra vegging gets you an extra 28 oz,no bad for 1 more week. i would guarantee you'll make that up no problems) , veg longer brother.........£ signs getting bigger bud:)

take it easy & stay safe bro:smoke:

11. #11 greenfingers08, Oct 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2008
    Mate you'v twisted my arm guna veg the extra week,i'v only ever vegged 4 ten days,so i think it's time i took it up to another level,just curious what strenth nute's would you be on now if you were coming up to 2 weeks veg this fri and what 's the most you go up to ......?im using coco a&b ,bio-nova bn ex cel,dr hornby's big bud,hammerhead pk 9 18,plus cana boost.