Light now????????

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by KGB, Nov 28, 2001.

1. Ok this is what I did and keep in mind I have never grown indoors,,
    I started my seeds with the old paper towl in a bag method and sprinkled a litle Green Light rooting hormone(a pinch) in ther just to see what whould happen after 15 16 hours in the bag they had opened and wher a half inch long I put them in my soil and coverd them with Plastic,,They are now poping out the dirt left and right but only about a inch or less out the soil, should I now put the light on them or will it burn them?? I am useing a 150 HPS its about four feet off the ground..
    And who is wright about the cycle for the first 3 weeks some say 24hours light, some say 18 or 16,??
    And one last Q about tempature is 86 F to hot at any stage?? I am unable to watch the temp at all times and I have a small litle box made for one or 2 plants and it gets max 86 durring the day.TOO HOTT?
    Thanks alot for any help,,

2. Do not put them under that hps yet.....

Get them under a flourescent quick...no more than 2 inches from tubes....otherwise they will reach for light,and not have good root formation...leave them there ,,moving them slowly away from tubes as they grow.......until they are bushy and stable...then under the hps about 8 - 10 inches from bulb....

[​IMG]