light mover?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by WeFitPineSoFine, Jul 2, 2010.

1. is there an item that does this?

I am in need of a light mover that can automatically change the height of the light at the half way point of it's track.

I have two systems in bloom and one light. The plants in one system are about 3 or 4 weeks apart in bloom. What I need is a light mover with some sort of trip to raise the light to clear the plants at one end of the track and lower to not stretch the plants at the other end.

does this make sense? Are there light movers that do this?
    Piney

2. I guess you'd have to bend the track or something. It would be much easier to just set the light at the proper level for the tallest plants, and then just use buckets or bricks to raise the shorter plants. I run linear lights movers and I like them a lot.

3. Without bending the track or proping up a whole hydro system....isn't there a mover with a separate motor to lift and lower the reflector at it's half way point of it's track?

4. my lightmover has a timer. i can set it so the ends get the same or more light. right now its set so the mover stops at th ends 10 seconds. it seems like im constantly moving plants around to stay away from the cord. you have to adjust your grow to the mover. topping =fim-sog-etc. i think there a good deal. it turns my little 400 w hobby groe into a 600+w grow now with no more heat or elec bills.:cool::D:cool: