Light leaks!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by cripes0103, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Ok,

So I've noticed that my enclosure has a few light leaks...

The thing about these leaks is that they are absolutely tiny, and my room (bedroom where my grow box is located) is always kept moderately dark. How much light is enough to mess with a plants flowering schedule?

I ask this because I've heard that even the tiniest bit of light can throw things off, but that made me wonder what the hell outdoor plants were doing flowering just fine (since last time I checked both the moon and the stars give off light).

If anyone has some insight I'd love to hear it.

:wave:

2. got any pics

3. Most of my entire first grow got completely screwed up because of the smallest little light leaks. parts of the plant finish before others. espeically if you have mylar in the room, a small light leak = a large problem. You need to make sure you have a completely light proof enclosure. COMPLETELY. a small light leak means your room is NOT completely light proof and you might as well just have your plants in a dimly light room during dark periods. COMPLETELY dark.

4. I say -- ZERO leaks.

Yes the moon and stars are lights, and cars drive down roads, too (outside) -- but plants do not "see" light the same way that we do. They absorb light... some plants are likely more sensitive than others, and so some might stress at the tiniest of light, while others might be more tolerant --- but do you want to experiment with plant(s) that you've spent weeks/months giving TLC to?

I think the best bet is ZERO leaks. Can you cover the light leaks with duct tape, or throw a light proof material over the box to remove the opportunity for like leaks?

5. So instead of fixing my light leaks, I decided just to throw my plants into a light proof closet. Now light leaks aren't even an issue! Thanks for the help everyone, and if I decide to move them back into my room I'll definitely fix those leaks.

6. The main issue with light leaks are from light getting in during dark time. The next is leaks between a veg chamber and a flowering room when both are on diff time schedules....Duh. Light coming out of your grow area is more of a stealth problem than anything. Just do your gardening during light periods to avoid fukin up your girls heads!:bongin::bongin: