Light Leaks during Veg?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by wootas, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Here's the rundown... I have my veg area out in the open in my bedroom, several plants under a 4 foot 6 bulb t5. I ran it 24/7 for a while and I just recently set the fixture to turn off at midnight and come back on at 3 am. So I'm running 21/3 for veg. Since the plants aren't inside of any sort of enclosure they are exposed to light leaks obviously during these 3 hours from my tv, ceiling light, lamps, etc.

Do light leaks during any length dark period in the vegetative growth stage negatively affect the plants whatsoever? Or is it only bad to have light on them during their dark period once they sense 12 hours strait of dark and begin to flower under a 12/12 schedule??

Just to note, I've had it set up like this for over a week and I havn't noticed any negative effects on any of my females so far...

Any opinions would be welcome thanks!

2. They should be fine.
    Flower is when you need complete, uninterupted darkness.

3. ya as long as they don't start trying to stretch

4. All seems well with them running the 21/3 so far. I mainly decided to do this in order to slow down the vertical growth rate ever so slightly, to conserve a small amount of electricity opposed to 24/7 light, and to allow it easier to fall asleep for myself between the period of 12 am and 3 am when the ballast is off, since it sits open in my bedroom.

Thanks for the info so far I'm glad I don't have to worry about it for the time being, I intend to enclose my veg area inside of another homebox in the near future.