Light leaks and ventillation.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MysticToker, Apr 12, 2015.

1. #1 MysticToker, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2015
    Trying to figure out the best way to complete my setup. Currently in a closet using CFLs(Journal is in my sig for all the info). So, the closet is about 2x8x8, it has 2 doors(Seperate doors, not sliding or french style), both on the long 8 foot wall. I currently just leave the doors closed. Nothing is hung, draped or stripped around the very tiny cracks around the door at the moment since it's the only way air is getting through. It's peaking at around 82 during the hottest part of the day. I live in a hot humid state, so the ambient itself is in the high 70s atm in the room the closet is in, with no central cooling. I have 2 small honeywell fans in there right now(One is on the bulbs, the other pulling air away from the bulb. The plants are only about a week old today, but I'd like to get this taken care of sooner than later. Now, I was thinking of making a hole in the ceiling and vent TO the attic, but I can't realistically see me getting my intake from there, as the attic gets pretty warm in spring/summer/early fall. I don't want to cut any holes in the doors. And since I'm going to have to lightproof around those, I won't be getting any intake from under the door.

I know it's kind of a jumbled mess, but any ideas? Nothing expensive like an AC unit or a seperate door(Even cheap doors seem to cost more than they should.

2. #2 MysticToker, Apr 12, 2015
    Hopefully once I get this figured out I can think about moving to HPS.

Anyone else grow in a hot weather state with high ambient temps?

3. I too live in a hot humid area, In order to deal with temps I made an ice box out of a cooler and a 6" desk fan. Worked out well dropped about 6 degrees it was just a pain to keep feeding it ice bottles or just straight ice.

4. Yeah. I thought about that. Could keep a couple gallons of water frozen and swap them out. How often do you have to refill? Swapping them out once or twice a day could be ok,

5. #5 Greenstarter55, Apr 12, 2015
    I froze 2L bottles with about a 1/4 of salt. My box could hold 2-4 bottles and I refilled every 12-16 hrs. It's like having to feed a fire to keep your house warm lol. I looked at your op have you thought of a tent in the closet? Reason I say is with a tent you can put a inline fan with some ducting to push the cold air into the tent. Because you want your intake air to be around 10 degrees under your ideal temp. Well at least I do lol I use a 600 watt mh/hps open hood system those bastards bring the heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Yeah. I like the idea of a tent. Don't really have the funds for the size I'd need right now though. Maybe for my next one, since I'd like to move to hps anyways.

7. I found a tent on amazon for like 80$ free shipping. So I bought 2 lol.

8. Nice. One for veg and one for flower? Do you vent them to the room or outside somewhere?

9. Well 1 for right now lol not enough space for 2 right now. But yea that's the plan. I have my carbon filter on the outside of my tent so all I have to do is leave the closet door slightly cracked and it doesn't get hot.