Light issues

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Eagleyedye, Sep 16, 2017.

1. so my outdoor GSC is doing pretty good. Been flowering for 4 weeks. My question is, how much direct sun is best? I think the more the better. My colas SEM a bit slow to fill out. I've never grown GSC before and read it's a small yielder. I think during veg I got lots of direct sun. Now where I am the trees block much of the sun. I don't really wanna chase the sun moving around my yard. Is not not getting a lot of direct sun gonna really slow it down? Or is it just this strain? Ideas? Advice? And when should I add top boost?

Attached Files:

2. No direct sun in flower will give you small, weak buds. Sun chasing will do you a world of difference.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. He right, the sun is where your plant gets it's food,,its imparative that it gets as much sun as possible.

4. I knew that was coming. As the year goes on the sun in my are dips more south. I have a good spot where sun gets through most of the day on other side of yard. It used to get full sun all day where it is now. Kinda blows. I'm in a pot so I'll try putting in the old red wagon. On rainy days it will have to go back to my door cause I built
    a nice little house with roof and shit. It will keep it dry. Gonna have first rain in a day. Supposed to rain for a week!!

5. Cheezo,

I took ur advice. I can case the sun for another 4 weeks of needed. If it rains I'll put it back under my little shelter. Otherwise, I got out the red wagon and she is in direct sunlight now. Do u have any advice for safely moving her? It's kinda a bumpy ride in the wagon.

Attached Files:

7. Just go SLOW. The bigger the buds get, the easier it will be to snap a branch while moving. You just did your plant a huge favor

Sent from my LG-H631 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks for the advice. Ive grown indoors many times. This is only second outdoor grow and first was literally plant in a sweet spot by creek and went back in October a harvested her. Now in Oregon I can grow in my back yard legally!! It's funny... the whole city smells like dank right now!!!

AnywY, I appreciate your help!