Light Inconstictenct and chance of hermie

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Frostnuggets, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Ok so as I’m walking through my garden this morning I notice my light cycle had changed on the plants, I must of accidentently bumped into timer because they got and extra hour and a half of light in the middle of their dark period, what are the chances of them hermieing on me? I had some autoflowers that were already flowering in there and some normal photoperiod plants in there, am I worrying to much? Or could this be a disaster?

2. You would have to increase the light cycle repeatedly for a week or more to interrupt flower initiation in the photo-periods. The autos will not be affected by any light change. One night off schedule is not a problem.

PW

• Like Like x 1
  3. I know its bad to mess woth the dark period during flower cucle cause it can cause a plant to hermie..

Is it also abad thing during veg to mess with its dark period.. or does it not matter in the veg cycle ONLY in flower

4. Interrupted dark cycles during veg should not be anywhere near as problematic as during flower. If anything it may cause a little stress, but nothing too bad. If you are continuing to veg for additional days after the interruption it should be a non-issue.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 Sypha, Jan 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    Thanks for ur reply.. yes , shell be vegging for atleast another yr.. ill be using her as a mother for cuttings

• Like Like x 1