Light ideas

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Slimjesus313, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Long story short i have a 24"x36"x70" im building the box im very hands on. But next i was thinking running leds, and t5 for extra light. But i am just now seeing these quantum boards and reading how it is diy and very effective. Any insight helps temp will not be an issue. It will be sealed with intake and exhaust. Just want lighting ideas led, t5,t9,qb,ect. Thank you!

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. If you get a quantum board light, that’s all you’ll need.

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

3. I highly recommend the QB-96 Elite V2 from HLG

4. Thank you! I am very new to qb but i will research them. Any tips or places to start?

5. I would get 2 QB 100 watters of Amazon. One I would go with 3000k and the other 4000k. I think this would be a killer combo in your space.

6. Did you ever find a place to start with qb? I’m looking into getting one but have no idea how to get the right things lol

7. Yes i went with 4 Hlg 132 v2. Waiting for them to come in!

8. i'm looking to get the qb96 v2, but i'm not sure how much space each one covers. do you know? looking to see how many i need for a 5x5 tent.

• Like Like x 1
  9. and whats the difference between the qb96 v2 engine and the same without engine? lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. 4 of them would do well in a 5 x 5. I would mark off a 4.5’ 4.5’ space inside of the 5 x 5 to allow yourself room to walk down at least one side. That puts your 4.5’ x 4.5’ of actual grow space in one of the corners of your tent. So you’ll have reflective surfaces on 2 sides. You’ll have to push them pretty hard. If you want to cover the entire 5 x 5, then get 5 of them and just put one in the middle.

• Like Like x 1
  11. #11 918AutoGrower, Jan 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    If that doesn’t make any sense then I’m sorry. Pretty baked right now.

12. makes perfect sense! whats the difference with the engine and without engine? what drivers the best?

13. The qb 96 elite v2 are sweet. They just need more head room. I would go with them. And the engines are for dispersing heat you, need it.